Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Leaving my Mark

Well, that was quite the sabbatical. I am back, at least until the tornado that is my life flings me back out into the atmosphere.

I realized today that there is something that I've been missing in my more recent relationships. Namely, marking my lover. I've always been something of a biter, but it never really came out until I got into BDSM. I used to have a lover who wore a necklace of bruises around his collarbone, a constantly changing ring of color as the older bites faded. Another never let me forget to leave a clear impression of my teeth on his left pectoral muscle. He used to say that if he was to get a tattoo that symbolized me he'd just get one of the bite marks inked in.

I used to treat these as something I did more for them than for myself. I realize now that I miss it. I miss the goofy smile that would appear on their faces when they touched the bruises, the visceral memory of our encounter. I miss the affirmation of our relationship, our shared sexuality, knowing that this was a part of our lives and not something to be hidden.

*Edit* I decided to add a title to this post. The irony is unintended but eerily appropriate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home