Sunday, May 08, 2005

Journeys

From the trip:

I'm on the plane to Minneapolis, then off to Brownsburg. Dozed for a while, feel much better. The world was a little skewed this morning.

Flying over farmland, a patchwork quilt of fields, rivers, lakes, towns, and roads, the shadows of fluffy stratus (cumulus?) clouds passing over all of it. It looks the the fortune telling device of some druid or gypsy. Clouds cast in Augury, searching for answers. I feel hungry but not for food. Is there sustenance for me down there? Where must I go to find my answers?

I know the answer to that. My answers (or at least the paths to them) are inside of me, locked away again until I choose to clear my Karma. In the end, our ultimate barrier is always ourselves.

I've got 'Road to Nowhere' running through my head. Ironic. I'm on no road to somewhere.

I just want to leap out of this plane, freefall, see the world come rushing at me. Knowing that I've got a parachute, but if it doesn't open there's not a damn thing I can do about it except enjoy the ride until...

How to say what I'm feeling?

I feel like I could reach right through this window. It's been coming in like the tide the last few years, this awareness of maya, of the illusory nature of the world we live in. Suddenly everything will look exactly the same, but 'feels' 2-dimensional. Like I could tear right through it like a paper screen. I sometimes wonder if I could and it's just my fear of the unknown that prevents me. All I ever picture on the other side is a dimensionless black.

Oh look! A cloud shaped like a shoehorn!

Oh, I want to express the world right now. I want to sing, to dance, to exult at a funeral and mourn at a wedding. It's all one and so indescribably beautiful. My soul can't even describe it to my mind. I want to fall like rain and grow like grass and run like a river. I want to go flying with my lover inside of me.

Oh, joy and sorrow and wonder and horror and creation and destruction and all the endless rounds of life and death. Why don't I have a word for this feeling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home