Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Scary

Got back from seeing my car for the first time since the accident. Since I remember almost nothing from the accident itself, I had NO idea what kind of shape the car was in. I actually called the towing company to find out if it was drivable. I'm amazed the guy didn't laugh at me.

It's destroyed.

Or rather, what used to be my perfectly functional vehicle is now a twisted hunk of torn metal, with the body of a car attached to it. I am grateful to be alive, and so unbelievably uninjured. The hood/engine sustained all of the damage. The passenger compartment is completely fine. Which I find amazing, considering that if you look it up on Kelly blue book, that car has the worst possible rating for safety. God, I wish I'd had a camera. I took a twisted hunk of metal (what was left of the license plate) from the tow yard.

This is the most shaken up I've been since the accident happened. And on top of everything else, I missed a call from my boss today. He left me a message, sounding all serious and asking me to call back, which of course I didn't get until well after closing.

Ah, well. I'm not terribly attached to keeping this job anyway. And hey, I was in an accident that was not my fault, and they wouldn't let me return to work until I got OK'd by a doctor, so if they let me go because of lost time due to that, maybe I'll sue 'em. Would serve (some) of them right.

But they did sent me a really sweet card, so maybe not. :-)

I'm gonna go get some more cuddles now. Have a lovely evening, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home