Monday, May 16, 2005

Living in the Moment

Had an amazing weekend, but coming back to work has reminded me of other parts of my life that I'm having some trouble adjusting to. It's gone from hanging out with Sarge nearly every day to not really spending any significant time with him for, what... two, two and a half weeks now? Hell, I haven't even gotten a hug yet.

Which is all for the best I suppose, but I am moving from feeling rejected to a little pissed (I like to be notified of changes in my relationships, thank you very much.) I don't deal with rejection well; I usually try to "fix" it right away because it is such a difficult feeling for me. I've always been like that. The problem being that my immediate fixes of that type in the end just worsen the problem.

I met some interesting people over the weekend, one of whom accidentally gave me some great advice. He reminded me to live in the moment, and that I don't have to run away from that feeling. Just to exist with it. Accept that it's there, note it, and move on.

It's working amazingly well.

So of course, the universe ups the stakes again and I run into M1 while waiting for the bus. This was the first time I'd seen him since we split up. But it was much friendlier than I expected. He does seem a little more... manic than he used to be. Or maybe it was just the unexpected meeting. The name dropping was cute. But, as I said, all in all very nice. Still doing the Mom thing which I've missed. Hey! Now I've had a Mom and a Daddy with the same name!

Coming soon, a much more entertaining post about my fabulous weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home