Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sigh...

Was supposed to come home and get tied up today, which I've been begging M for since we started dating. Had a stressful day at work so I was really looking forward to it.

I get to the apartment, frozen to the bone, to be confronted by my drunken, angry, crying property manager. I suppose I'm lucky that happened though, since I still don't have keys and no one answered my desperate, "please in the name of all that's holy LET ME IN" buzzes. I get upstairs, ravenous as usual, to find that the heat's off, there is no food, and M's asleep. I didn't get angry, although I did (calmly) let M know why it was I seemed upset, mixed myself a drink, made ramen for me and tea for M, and retreated to the computer room for some alone time. Which I was about ready to be done with when I looked up and saw M standing sheepishly in the doorway, begging for attention like a puppy just now.

Things have gotten better, and I'm sure they will continue to improve, but after the major reconnection we made this weekend it's disheartening that the same old behaviors have started up again so quickly. On the other hand, I'm very proud of myself for the way I dealt with it. Go me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home