Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Yaaay hugs!!

I got spontaneous hugs from Roomie last night before he went to bed!! Usually I have to find him and dig him out of where ever he's sitting, or just do the awkward hug while one person is sitting down. I wasn't even thinking of it when he told me he was going to bed, just said goodnight and turned back to the show I was watching. Then he patted his chest, held out his arms, and looked at me expectantly. So of course I got up and hugged him!

I suppose it could be passive-aggressive "how do you like it?" behavior, but I'm not worried about that. If he's got a problem with me wanting hugs he can say something. But I honestly don't think that's it. I think he just spontaneously hugged me because he wanted a hug which makes me immeasurably happy. I think hugs and affection in general are valuable things that we can give away for free, and both giver and recipient benefit. For me, living in a society that frowns on spontaneous affection is like living in an atmosphere with not nearly enough oxygen. It's lovely to get a breath of fresh air occasionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home