Monday, June 20, 2005

What I Love

1) Good Friends - I have friends I love and who love me back. Friends who won't disappear at the drop of a hat. People who I've gone through rough times with and come out the other end with a stronger bond. I love everyone (not as much as I can or should, but I'm doing my best) but these people are the foundation blocks of my life, my touchstone to reality. I know I could do it alone but I am so grateful that I don't have to.

2) My Knowledge of Right and Wrong - Even when I don't follow it it's there. It makes fucking up more painful, certainly, but there is a huge sense of freedom in knowing that my pain comes from my decisions. There isn't anyone out there hurting me. It's all in my hands, therefore I can make it stop at any time. Just take a deep breath, and... be.

3) The Beautiful World We Live In - I look around me and see this jewel of a world that we live in. It is such a beautiful gift. I often wonder how people can believe that either our ecological system or our existence as thinking, soulful beings is just some cosmic accident. On top of that, how can we be anything less than eternally grateful for what we have? Everything is glorious! We are blessed, blessed, blessed, every day of our lives. I have an image of looking back at my life after I die and seeing the worst day of my life as a blessing. I have been trying to find my path back to joy and I think that it lies in remembering this, and also

4) Our Connection to Everything - We are all a part of the same great being/thing/existence. I'm the hand, you're the eyes, he's the lungs, she's the mind; or perhaps more accurately viewed as cells, or even atoms, or... however far down you need to go. We're tiny, insignificant in one light. Yet our existence makes the larger existence possible. If we were not here the universe would feel our lack. And when we learn to pay attention, we can feel that current, that interconnectivity running through us every second of our lives. How can we feel lonely when we're never, ever alone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home